Julia's House for Lost Creatures

Julia's House for Lost Creatures - Ben Hatke

Well, I don't normally review children's books for one simple reason... I don't have kids. I do take the suggestions I see out in the blogosphere to my cousins but normally I don't read them. However, when I got this book I had to take a look. I love illustrated books and I love the artwork within those pages.

In the simple story Julia is looking to extinguish her loneliness with something different. She puts out a sign and gets some really interesting guests. At first their is chaos but Julia knows how to handle it. In the end everyone lives harmoniously with each other even though they are all very different. Yep, cute story as well.

I don't want to give too much in the way of the illustrations but the author/illustrator did a post on how the character of Julia evolved. Just go HERE to see all those lovely illustrations.

I recommend this book who enjoy picture books, even kids. This is a delightful creature book that isn't scary but fun. I would probably give the story 4 stars and the illustrations a 5.