Quicksilver

Quicksilver - Joy Spraycar This story starts in the 1800s when Quinton first becomes a werewolf. It also tells the tale of how he first meets Serenity and loses her. They meet again in the present and fall back in love. Things escalate and they find themselves needing to destroy Quinton's father, Wesley for the sake of their future. There is also later a mention of a cure to the were virus. The key to finding it is in Serenity's ancestry.

I really wanted to love this book. The ideas for the story were interesting and the secondary characters in this book really made me want to know more about them. However, I just couldn't connect to Serry or Quinton. I just couldn't get into their relationship and even the snark at times seemed cruel instead of funny or just razzing each other. Her acceptance of Quinton's condition was a bit fast and not quite believable. As was the way they fell in love and the way Serry overcame some very frightening experiences.

I give this book 2 stars. As I said, I just couldn't connect to the characters. I did, however, love the ideas the author came up with in the story. I found those to be intriguing.