Sleeping Beauty: Vampire Slayer (Twisted Tales)

Sleeping Beauty: Vampire Slayer (Twisted Tales) - Maureen McGowan I admit I was more interested in reading Sleeping Beauty after reading the first book in this series. In this story, a vampire was the one who felt slighted by the princess's mother. She curses Beauty that when she is 16 she will prick her finger and she will be awake at night while the kingdom sleeps, but during the day while the kingdom is awake, she will sleep. If she finds her true love and then proves her love, the curse will break. But how is she to find true love being the only one awake?

Beauty was a strong character. Despite her father's coddling, and with her mother's help, she becomes a slayer to keep herself safe. She didn't want to rely on anyone since, obviously, she couldn't if they were all sleeping. The choices in this book were not as straightforward and I first thought they would be, but I was still satisfied with my choices. As with the first book, the first chapter and the last are the same no matter what you chose. So, again, the outcome is the same, but not the journey.

I give this book 3 stars. I did not enjoy this book as much as the first. In some ways I liked this princess much more, but some of the scenarios just seemed to contrived and the ending seemed rushed. However, I still recommend it to people who enjoy these type of chose your path books.