The Shattered Sylph

The Shattered Sylph - L.J. McDonald This book happens a few years after Battle Sylph. The Sylph valley is thriving even and are learning how to co-exist with their sylphs rather than enslaving them. The world becomes more and more interesting as it becomes more complex in nature. This is also Ril and Lizzie's story and I was thrilled because Ril was one of the more interesting characters in the first book.

In this book Lizzie is captured and several people come to her rescue. Within this new world over one of their seas, Lizzie and the rest have to learn to survive in a strange new world. Because I felt this one was darker within the story, I also think it made the humor and the lighter times brighter due to the contrast. I have to say that this adventure almost drove me crazy. You wanted to know what was going on and it felt like it took forever to get to the big show down. The only reason I felt this way is because I just couldn't see how they were going to give me an HEA as the story kept becoming more complicated. I didn't see the ending until close to the end and it made sense. I give this one 4 stars. I enjoyed this one more than the first.