First Grave on the Right

First Grave on the Right - Darynda Jones Audio Review:

I've really been wanting to read this book for a while now. I finally got the opportunity through an audio book. I don't often do audio, but I thought I'd give it a try. I'm glad that I did. It was snarky, funny, and the secondary characters were great. In fact... they were often "hot". This takes place in Albuquerque NM. I've been to the Northern part of NM often. So, I have to ask... where is she meeting these guys??? All I've gotten when I go there are jerks who tease my dogs. Granted, it's my fault for going to tourist traps with my pups, so I don't often meet the locals so right there that may be the problem (and the locals I know aren't dating material... married!). But still... I think I need to track down Charley and just hang with her. I mean, she's real and the "hot" men she hangs out with are real too, right?

I also liked that it was set in N. NM which I feel is a part of where I'm from, so the colloquiums used (with the exception of one which I will forgive since it is used for those not from here) were quite familiar to me. I felt right at home with the narrator. It was also easy for me to get lost in this story. I can also see many of the places she rode around.

What? Go back to the hot guys? Well, there were 2 in particular. One was Reyes. Oh man... Reyes. *sigh* That hot hunk of a man could visit me incorporeally or corporally any day... or night. ;) I mean YUM. Face of an angel and a temper of the devil. Still did so much to help anyone who he thought was weak. *sigh*

Oh and the other one? Garret. Dark, tall and handsome. I might be able to forgive his status as a cop since he is so hot and seems to really care for Charley. Plus, he totally didn't freak out at her with her abilities. Totally points in his direction for that one. Ah yes... both very suitable for the man harem. *drifts off into fantasy*

*ahem!* Oh sorry... I give this book 4 1/2 stars. It was just what I needed at the time. Entertaining distraction with a couple of hot guys to drool over. The narrator, Lorelei King did a grand job and held the pace well. I would so listen to another book she narrates. I also suggest this book for those that love UF, PNR with a side of humor.