Days of Blood & Starlight

Days of Blood & Starlight - Laini Taylor I have to admit that it took me a bit to get into the book. Not because anything was lacking but because I was trying to catch up in my mind as to what had happened before. Yes, this is a series that must be read in order and also not too far apart. I just think you'd be able to get into the book quicker that way.

Oh but when I did... I really didn't want to put down this book. I was worried that it would lack as some second books do, but when I dreamed of scenes in this book at night, I knew there was nothing lacking here. Her words are as lush as the first one and the scenes they invoke are as interesting as the first. In some ways more so since we are ever so much more invested in these characters.

There were parts of this book that are heartbreaking and twists and turns I never saw coming. As soon as you thought things would do as planned HUGE wrenches would be thrown in and your heart twists at the outcome. There were times I wanted to throw the book and yell... NO! It can't be and then hold my breath to see if I was right. And although I will never have that same feeling again when I reread this book, I just know that eventually I'll be reading this series more than once.

Oh I give this book 5 stars. It ends in a bit of a cliffie, but nothing you can't handle. I think I'd be more upset if I had to leave this world after this book than knowing I'll be back hopefully soon. I recommend this to the older YA and adult crowd who enjoys adventure, fantasy and a lot of twists in a story that keep you on the edge of your seat. Oh I do think Laini Taylor has a fan in me!