Edge of Dawn: A Midnight Breed Novel

Edge of Dawn: A Midnight Breed Novel - Lara Adrian Yep, you guessed it. I haven't read the other 10 books in this series, but have them all on my wishlist. However, I got a chance to read this one and took the dive. It can be read as a stand alone, but I warn you, you will want to go back to book one to see what you have missed in this world. You will not be lost if you didn't, so be assured. These are the start of the stories for the kids all grown up introduced in the previous novels, so it is a good place to start if you want to start later.

The characters in this book are somewhat typical for a PNR. Alpha male who you'd like to kick in the arse for being stubborn and making bad decisions for everyone around him. A female who can kick arse and doesn't take crap from anyone, even the one she loves. It might be a bit familiar, but I do like the way these characters are drawn out. I really rooted for both and couldn't wait for them to come together.

I give this book 4 stars. The action and the world in general held my interest. I do want to know more about their origins and what had happened before this book. It wasn't necessary, but I knew things were revealed as well have been unfolded slowly throughout this series as to those origins. This book, itself also revealed an important tidbit. One that I know will play center stage, if not the next book, but in books to come. I can't wait to get fully into this series.