Thrill Ride (Black Knights Inc.)

Thrill Ride (Black Knights Inc.) - Julie Ann Walker I have to admit it took me a little longer to get into this one at first. Both Rock and Bill seemed to be laminating way too much about not falling in love with the girl they were obviously in love with. I mean, I get those guys were really trying to convince themselves but it got old after a bit. It did ruin a bit of the jungle adventure in the first half of the book for me.

However, I really got into the second half. Even though they were still professing their non-love it was lessened by the action and twists on trying to figure out who was the bad guy and how to clear Rock's name. The book really took off for me then. Oh and Rock! Sorry, but I kept getting Gambit in my head from X-men. It was the accent that did me in. I can see why Vanessa fell for his accent.

I will say though that I really enjoyed Vanessa throughout the whole book. I liked how she threw herself into situations in which she knew she had fear. I also liked Eve (Bill's intended). Still a bit flighty but yet trying to conquer her fears. Somehow I find that more brave than facing down a bullet with the guys. Even so, it was nice to be surrounded by hot men at all times. :D

I give this book 4 stars. Despite the slow beginning, I did have some fun with the crew. I can't wait for Bill's arse to be kicked most likely in the next book. :)