The Eternity Cure

The Eternity Cure - Julie Kagawa Although it took me a minute to catch back up in the story (too long between books... but then again any waiting time is sometimes too long...) but once I did I had fun with this book. This book picks up right after the first book and we find ourselves on the journey we left. As she continues on her single minded journey she runs into an old acquaintance and this alters her goal slightly. This is where I started enjoying myself the most. One word... Jackal!

Oh in the first book Jackal was a heartless bastard. In this one he's just a bastard. He made me laugh and I just loved his snark. Granted I understood why Allie wanted to remove his tongue from time to time, but I really enjoyed his snark within this book. I hope he's in the next book as much as this one... it would be sad to not have him stirring things up when they don't need to be stirred. :D

The ending you are left with a twist and a huge tease for the next book. It's not a cliffie, but you will want the next book fairly quickly. I give this book 4 stars and recommend it to Kagawa fans as well as those that like older YA.