Delia's Shadow

Delia's Shadow (Delia Martin #1) - Jaime Lee Moyer I would classify this book as a historical, ghost story, and serial killer murder mystery all wrapped up in one book. I think those who love those type of genres will enjoy how all come together in this story.

Oh and I can't forget one more genre that snuck in... there is a sweet love story thrown in that takes it's time to blossom. It isn't the main plot but it does seem to enhance our enjoyment of the main characters. I must also mention that the secondary characters were well done. You will end up rooting for them as much as the main characters.

The main event is the ghost story and how it integrates with the serial killer haunting San Francisco. Even though this is the main plot, it didn't overwhelm the rest of the story. Mostly it was about the characters and their involvement as the story unfolds. There is one twist in the story but it doesn't come off as a shock to the reader as much as it does to the characters because we weren't (as the characters weren't) privy to the information needed to achieve such a huge twist, but it works anyway because you become involved with the characters. The bigger twists are with the ghosts and who they were in life.

I give this book 4 stars. I really enjoyed my time in historical San Francisco and I'm also glad to see that this book is part of a series. It reads as a complete novel and really doesn't need more story to be told. However, since I did enjoy the characters so much I wouldn't want to miss the next installment in Delia's life.