First Drop of Crimson

First Drop of Crimson - Jeaniene Frost I knew of this book for several months and really couldn't wait. Spade. The mysterious best bud of bones was to be the star of his very own book. Now, I know many people are into bones, but my heart always seems to gravitate to Spade. Now, I know why.

In this book Spade having lost his one time love long ago to mortal death has made up his mind to never love another human to spare himself that all consuming grief. He was always drawn to Denise, Cat's best friend, but didn't know why. So, when Denise finds herself in danger, he knows he may be her best chance to survive. He reluctantly, but honor bound, helps her though her own nightmares and together they find themselves falling for each other. The only problem in Spade's eyes is her very short life as a human. Will he be able to change her mind about humanity and join the vampire's world? Not going to spoil that, so you'll have to read it to find out.

I also must say on a personal note, that I hated Denise. Why? She was with Spade! Otherwise, yea... she was an interesting character. :) Also, for those that are fans of Cat and Bones and their hot bedtime scenes... you won't be disappointed in this book. Cat and Bones have some competition there. I would also like to mention to those that have not read the other Night Huntress books, that you can pick this one up as a stand alone book and not be lost, but I still recommend reading those books first. Only because you will have a more rounded view of the characters.

I was a bit disappointed in the ending. Unfortunately sharing what exactly disappointed me would spoil the book, so I will not say. It isn't anything that can't be fixed or at least acknowledged the next time we meet both Spade and Denise. I gave this book 4 stars. Don't expect a Cat and Bones story, but look at these characters as having their own personalities away from the former stars. I so recommend this book. I do suggest getting rid of Denise and letting me have a chance.

What do you mean they are only characters in a book? They aren't real? Surely you jest!