Queene of Light

Queene of Light - Jennifer Armintrout When reading this book, I noticed that some of it seemed to be a bit inconsistent in the way the author wrote it. She seemed to linger on the dark areas of the book and then suddenly when Ayla was in war, it was over. It seemed that the darkness held more of the fascination with the author than moving the story along. This could be explained by the dedication that was at both the front and back at the book.

"To me, this book symbolizes a beautiful flower that grew out of the rotting rib cage of a murder victim abandoned in a shallow grave. Thank you to everyone who made that weekend such a horrible experience and forced me to retreat into a fantasy world where a sewer full of monsters offered more hospitable company than yours.
Nice people and objects that made this book possible were the Friday Night Mudslingers, my supportive family, Diet Coke, and Emmy Rossum's Inside Out album."

This dedication could have made the book less interesting, but quite the opposite was true. I was more fascinated.

I also was disappointed with not having much to do with Malachi, her death angel lover. He seemed to be an important part of the story, and I was looking forward to journeying with him on his way to humanity, but his story got cut short once things got going in the lightworld. In fact he almost suddenly seemed an after thought.

Even with those criticisms, I did enjoy this book. I liked the journey of Ayla. Her journey of being a shy outcast, closed off from everyone around her, to a woman in her own right waging war, finding her inner strength, and opening herself up to the possibility of love.

I would recommend this book. It is in all a very enjoyable read. I gave it 4 out of 5 stars.