Embrace the Night

Embrace the Night - Karen Chance I've really loved the Cassie Palmer stories and this one is no exception. Lots of action and a few loose ends were tied up in this book. She still does not have the confidence I would hope, but she is learning and growing within this book. She is still a capable heroine who keeps learning to stand up every time she falls (or gets pushed). She now has the unwanted title of Pythia and now must also gain the respect of those around her while balancing politics, her own morals, and not making the wrong move and destroying the world. Just an everyday happenstance in her new world. She learns a lot more about those around her and who to trust. She also finds out who really trusts her.

Now to the question that those who have been following the series might ask. Does she break the geis? Do her and Mircea finally give into their passions? Guess what? Not going to spoil it for you. You'll just have to read it to find out. I will say that it sets things up nicely for the next book. This book gets 4 out of 5 stars and is recommended, especially if you have been a fan of the series. If you haven't read this series before I do recommend getting "Touch the Dark" which is the first book and start reading. You won't be sorry. :)