Lover Eternal

Lover Eternal - J.R. Ward This book sort of reminds me of a vampire variation of beauty and the beast. The variation is that the beauty and the beast are both within Rhage, one of the vampire brothers. Within this paranormal romance Mary appears and Rhage finds himself for the first time feeling calm in centuries. She captivates him and he discovers his own insecurities are just below the surface. Mary, being sick, has a hard time opening up to the possibilities in letting someone close and having to later deal with her illness as it takes it's course. The both slowly learn to trust one another and eventually themselves. This book also leads directly into the next book which is why I decided to review them together.

My criticisms for this book are the cover (I've never been a fan of these covers as I stated in my review of the first book, "Dark Lover". I also just hated the names of the brotherhood. It didn't bother me so much in the first book, but I think that was because JR Ward really focused on the two main characters and the rest of the brothers weren't really involved in a big way. In this book, however, the brothers come more into focus and when reading their names it sort of drew me out of the story. The slang they used also did that to me. I thought if I was going to hear one more, "you feel me?", I might scream.

I also had to laugh when the beast came out and had more of a role in this book. I think it had more to do with the fact of another blogger's review. I am so sorry that I cannot remember who wrote that review, but I do vividly remember that they likened the beast to Godzilla (it was also mentioned in the book) and had a cartoon of Godzilla saying that he loved Mary. Couldn't get that out of my head and had to laugh when I got to those parts.

I did give this book 4 stars. The story line was good despite the little things that drew me out of the book. The good stuff drew me right back in. The book ends with a cliff hanger and that is where you find yourself in the next book, "Lover Awakened".