Demon Possessed

Demon Possessed - Stacia Kane This book is the third in the Megan Chase series. I was hoping that this was a stand alone book since I had not read the other two books. I feel that you really need to read the first two to really start going on this book. It was a bit confusing at first, but as the book went along it became a fast read. I don't think it would have been confusing at the start if I had read the first two in the series.

Unfortunately, Megan, while being the heroine in this book, was a bit flighty. She annoyed me from time to time not quite able to catch up to everyone else in her new "family". For a PhD in psychology she just seemed too dense at times. I did enjoy her friends and family, however. They were just a great bunch of characters including the huge bodyguard demons that cried at the thought of losing her. They made me laugh from time to time. Oh, and I can't forget to mention Greyson Dante who is her love interest and a hot demon himself. Oh there are a few sex scenes in this book and one very steamy one. Nope, this one is not for the kiddies.

Even with Megan's deficiencies, I did enjoy a good mystery. The mystery even extended to who they wanted dead and why. In the end everything is wrapped up well. This is a good ending to a series I will be reading backwards to find out what happened previously. Perhaps I'll see Megan in a different light and like her better.

I gave this book 3 stars. It was a fast paced and fun book, but not the best as a stand alone type of book.