Amazon Queen

Amazon Queen - Lori Devoti This is actually the second book in this series. "Amazon Ink" is the first book. I had not read that first book, but this book was written well with just enough background in the preface. In this book, Zery is a very traditional Amazon warrior Queen. However, the threat she thought she would have to face is not the one she will have to fight. Things nag at her especially with her new priestess, but are quickly thrown away. If you can't trust the tribe you pour your life into, then who can you trust? However, she finds that her blind devotion is just that, blind. As things start to unravel, she learns that a new greater threat has nothing to do with centuries bound tradition changing. In fact, those traditions changing could be the key to winning.

In some ways this paranormal also reads as a mystery with action, twists and turns. It's a fast paced read and one I enjoyed. Even though the mystery was solved before the players solved it, it still was very entertaining. You could even imagine that there might be Amazons living amongst us today. I'd even try twirling a staff after reading this one if I wasn't sure I wouldn't either knock my self silly or give myself one heck of a migraine. So, I give this book 4 warrior cries. I think I will even try to locate that first book to read.