Captured by Moonlight

Captured by Moonlight - Nancy Gideon This is the third book in the trilogy. I read the first book, Masked by Moonlight and enjoyed it. I think that this book is even better than the first. I didn't get to read the middle book, but it wasn't absolutely necessary to read this book. This one is more about the relationship between CeeCee and Max. Yes, of course, you have the adventure of someone stalking and trying to kill Max and those close to him, but that really becomes the side story to the relationship. In one way this was delightful. We get to see both characters having to overcome their insecurities that have come about through extraordinary circumstances. In another way, there were times I wanted to smack both of their heads together. They both knew that the other was the only one that they could have and did trust with everything they held secret. So, when they refused to let the other in on what was currently going on within them I wanted to scream. It just seemed so unnecessary when the big stuff seemed to be out of the way. However, it also made sense considering neither knew how to trust anyone else in their lives.

If you read any of the other books, you will enjoy this book a lot. CeeCee is still her wonderful snarky self. Max still knows exactly how to raise her hackles. So, there is a lot of fun within the book. If you haven't read any of the books, you can read this one and it will stand alone, but I do suggest you read at least the first book. It holds a lot of the background that makes some of the references make a lot of sense. Plus, although this is the 3rd in this trilogy, there is enough left open that there could be more in the series. I give this adult book 4 stars.