Sins of the Heart

Sins of the Heart - Eve Silver Dagan is a soul reaper and son of Sutekh, god of chaos and one of the major players in the underworld. Roxy Tam was just a girl he saves one faithful day from being raped and killed. Something about her haunted Dagan, but thought that by saving her and leaving her to her life was doing the one good thing in his life. Unfortunately that meeting had an effect on both for 11 years until they meet once again. This time, when meeting each other they are both trying to piece together a mystery in which they are trying to find a body, a killer as well as a motive. Even though misunderstandings and mysteries stand in the way, neither can afford to have this inexplicable attraction to one another, but denying it is much worse. And like all good PNRs, they cannot resist. Each has a piece of the puzzle. Each has their own agenda. Can they put aside their emotions long enough to put the puzzle together?

I give this book 4 stars. This story really had me captured at the beginning. Loved Roxy's snarkyness and Dagan's dry humor. And if you are like me... you will shake your fist at the end. Why? Well, since it is a trilogy, it ends with the one thing I hate most in books... the cliff hanger! This book just came out at the beginning of this month and yes... wait for it... the next installment, "Sins of the Soul" will be out Sept. 1, 2010.