The Love Goddess' Cooking School

The Love Goddess' Cooking School - Melissa Senate This was a fun chick lit book to read. In the beginning of the book Holly is heartbroken once again but this time she really wanted it to work out. She seeks out the warmth and wisdom of her grandmother who passes away shortly after she came to "visit". After inheriting the cooking school and small pasta shop Holly, who cannot cook, decides to not let her grandmother's legacy go down in flames. She works hard and finds 4 lost souls to take her cooking class. In doing the class the same way her grandmother had done, each learns things about themselves and their relationships around them. Even without her grandmother's gift of knowing, Holly finds herself an apt teacher and even better friend. As the school and her cooking gains her own "touch", Holly finds who she is and what she truly wants in life. This journey and the journeys others partake with her is what the book is all about.

I give this book 4 stars. It's a fun, light book and I can see this hitting the theaters as Senate's other books, most recently "Must Love Dogs". This book just came out in publication and is available now. Oh, and for those that like to cook (no, not me... lol) there are a few Italian recipes included at the end of the book.