Songs of Love and Death: All-Original Tales of Star-Crossed Love

Songs of Love and Death: All-Original Tales of Star-Crossed Love - Diana Gabaldon, Carrie Vaughn, Jacqueline Carey, Jo Beverley, Gardner R. Dozois, Mary Jo Putney, Marjorie M. Liu, Melinda M. Snodgrass, Cecelia Holland, Peter S. Beagle, Yasmine Galenorn, Linnea Sinclair, M.L.N. Hanover, Tanith Lee, Neil Gaiman, Robin Hobb, George R.R. M These are a collection of stories by some very famous authors. Most of these stories are new. Some of these stories, like the one Jim Butcher gives us we read about familiar characters we have met before. All of them revolve around love and/or death. And although you would suspect a collection of lovely PNR stories, you actually get a bit of that and a lot of sci-fi with a bit of historical romance/death thrown in for good measure. Not all end on a happy note, nor on an expected one either, but all leave you thinking or at least considering what transpired within the short story. Some might even leave you scratching your head. However, it is written in such a way that I did not mind.

I will not go into each story separately, but will say that as a whole, this book gets 4 stars. I really enjoyed the stories. Some I absolutely loved. Some I liked less, but I disliked none. I think if you like anthologies, sci-fi, and endings that leave you wondering, you will enjoy this book.