666 Park Avenue

666 Park Avenue - Gabriella Pierce Honestly, I didn't quite know what to think when I received this book. I thought it was going to be some campy take on a contemporary paranormal romance. Not quite. Actually, there is Jane. Jane is a witch, but doesn't know it. Her family decided it would be safer and give her a chance at a normal childhood. Unfortunately, that didn't happen anyway. Her parents died in a car crash and left her in the care of her eccentric grandmother who saw danger in every crack and shadow that lurked. So after living a sheltered and bored life, Jane moved to Paris as soon as she was old enough. When Jane meets Malcolm, it seems as though her world opens up in new ways not thought possible. As she leaves the familiarity of France, she faces a new life in NY and life with the whole family under one roof. She finds that life with Gran was a lot less suffocating than life under the roof with the Dorans.

That pretty much is the basic premise. After this I won't tell you as I would want it to be a surprise as it was to me. Jane grows emotionally and dangers reveal themselves slowly. With Jane you also wonder whom you can trust and how much everyone knows. You also get a glimpse as to how powerful Jane could prove to be as a witch. However there is the ending. It's not exactly a cliffhanger but it seems to abruptly stop before throwing you off the cliff. I was left scratching my head wondering where the rest of the chapter had gone. I do understand it was a way of leaving things for the next book. *sigh* So, I give this book a high 3 1/2 stars. It's a surprisingly compelling read. I recommend it for people who enjoy an adult contemporary type of paranormal read.