The Thieves Of Darkness

The Thieves Of Darkness  - Richard Doetsch Let me just say it. This book is a roller coaster ride. It's a thriller mystery and it is written very well. As soon as one part of a mystery is solved, you find yourself a part of another. It is a never ending ride as well as a compelling read. The main characters are likable and even though they are thieves, they only do "moral" thieving. Just this topic alone can make for interesting discussion, but it was in here only so you can like the heroes and heroine, Michael and KC, in the story. I will say, however, I did not always like the relationship between those two. At times, their distrust and bickering got tiring, but it also makes sense as if they were to trust each other too quickly. I feel that could have been worse. This book also has a changing POV, and it works in this book. You get a feel for all the major players in this running mystery.

I can see some might compare it to another book *coughDavinciCodecough* because there is a priest and it deals a bit with religious myths, but it is a book that stands on on it's own. And on top of that, it is well researched. ;) In fact those parts in the book that deal with religious undertones are only there to give the mystery more presence and it does not preach in any way. It does not step on the toes of any religion mentioned in the book.

I give this book 4 1/2 stars. If you like thrillers, I do believe you will like this one. The hardback version of this book has been out since Aug, 2010 and now it is being produced in mass market format starting today!

I'm also having a giveaway of this book on the blog until March 1, 2011 Go HERE.