Murder Takes the Cake: A Daphne Martin Cake Mystery

Murder Takes the Cake: A Daphne Martin Cake Mystery - Gayle Trent Okay, get ready to faint... this is the second time I have read a book in order. That's right! This is the first in the Daphne Martin Cake Mysteries. Smelling salts anyone? Okay, now that you are comfortable on the floor, I'd have to say this was a fun easy and quick read. Usually, I don't always like these type of mysteries since they can quickly become more about stories of gossip. I don't care for gossip stories. However, this one didn't bother me. Yes, it involves gossip, but it is set in a small town and a portion of her own life story was woven into the mystery. Therefore I can see why she sought out more information even if it was through the gossip line.

I give this book 3 stars. It wasn't a complicated mystery but more toward the chick lit side of the mystery genre. It had a lot to do with family and growing in life as well as solving a mystery. I recommend this one to people who want a mystery, but don't want something too heavy.