Kat, Incorrigible

Kat, Incorrigible - Stephanie Burgis Any Jane Austen fans out there? Looking to the next generation and wanting them to be interested in those wonderful books but still feel they are a bit too old for them? Oh, do I have the perfect solution. Let me introduce you to Kat Stephenson a girl who will never be on the best behaved list. Kat is the main character and the one who is the most adventurous of the 3 girls. Charles, their older brother has kept the family in financial ruins which prompts the oldest sister, and the most dramatic of them all, Elissa to marry into money. Stepmama found the perfect catch. However the catch is, is that he lost his last wife to some very unusual and suspicious circumstances. Trying to do what is right and also trying to find out what magics Angeline, the middle sister, has been preforming, Kat stumbles onto a magic mirror who claims her as her own.

Hm... as to what happens next. I cannot say. Angeline put a lip lock (finger lock?) spell on me to prevent it. I will say, however, that if you love fun adventure, strong willed smart women, and a MG/YA tribute to Jane Austen then you will enjoy this book. The story does start out a bit slow but quickens the pace as soon as the first adventure of magic appears (which happens quickly). I give this book 4 1/2 stars. Oh and this is book 1 in the series. You UK people should be happy that you'll be getting those stories before us Yanks in the colonies. ;)