Tangled Threads

Tangled Threads - Jennifer Estep *Squee!* Oh yes! Another installment of this great series! And since I know not everyone is caught up to this point or are just starting the series... I will TRY to spoil nothing. Oh, that is going to be so hard, but despite the sage words of Yoda (do or do not, there is no try) I will still try. *checks for miniature green aliens* At least I won't spoil anything that isn't in the blurb above... so at least be warned that far. ;)

In this book like the others, there is a seemingly impossible task set upon Gin. There is also another villan who enters the picture in the form of a cold-sadistic assassin. There is plenty of action and heart stopping moments as we come to expect from this series but in this one there is also an extra layer of heart rendering moments as well. Oh and that is what made this book extra special. The relationship of Owen really helps us see how much Donovan Caine hurt Gin. Oh, that made me hate Donovan even more. That isn't the only relationship that Gin explores in this book. She also explores her relationship with Bria, her baby sis. Of course, I loved seeing Gin's family expand in very unusual ways especially for an assassin. You'll just have to read about it to find out what I mean by that.

My only complaint is minor. It has repetitive areas that drew me out of the book at times. However, I do understand. There are people who pick up books in the middle of the series and so I believe it was for a new-comer's benefit (I, of course have NO idea about those type of people *cough*). For the rest of us who have followed Gin from book 1, we just wanted to get to the good stuff as quickly as possible because we root for the heroine so much.

I give this book 4 1/2 Owens... uh I mean stars. You will enjoy this book especially if you have read the others. It is a perfect addition to the series.