The Goddess Test

The Goddess Test - Aimee Carter I hated this book so much I absolutely loved it. One reason I hated it was because it was an ebook and I couldn't put my ereader in the freezer when I had the sniffles. Yes, darn it, I cried. I HATE TO CRY. Ugh. But Kate was so sweet and the way she handled her mom dying was so honest and understandable. So, not only did I cry, but I had a hard time putting down this book. Now, that part alone I really don't mind, but I hate it when a good book ends. I just want to go back and crawl into that world and stay a bit longer. But no, they kick you out until the next book in the series. *sigh* So, before I find a new home in the next book, I am lamenting the fact I am no longer with Kate and the swoon-worthy Henry.

Oh, Henry (no, not the candybar) was so tortured like any good sexy brooding hero. I love that twist on the Greek mythology. He isn't the arrogant jerk that considers his role as all important, above all the other gods, but more like the lonely brooding man who thinks no one will love him because of his job. His job in which he understands it's importance and is unwilling to relinquish it because of his compassion for humanity. Oh I love it when Hades is portrayed that way. Very swoon-worthy.

Was there anything I didn't love about this book. Well, there was one thing, but I cannot say what it is because by revealing it I will spoil part of the book. And you know I'd rather evil laugh at your curiosity than spoil anything. Of course there are other aspects I'd love to discuss because it does deal with mythology (which I enjoy) but cannot or I might be stuck in Tartarus forever. *shivers* Ah, so I must make do with this strange but happy review of this book.

Not revealing anything else, I give this book 5 stars and unfortunately will rate it 3 hankies. I really enjoyed this book despite the hanky count. I can't wait for the next installment (psst... it's Goddess Interrupted tbp: Feb. 2012). I hope there is more of Henry in it.