Wildefire

Wildefire - Karsten Knight Okay, can you tell that I LOVE mythology retellings in modern settings yet? Oh and this one has so many different types of mythological gods from different cultures. So much WIN! I have to admit when I did start reading the book, I didn't think I'd like Ash, but as I got to know her and how she viewed things in such an mature way, I just enjoyed her character so much. She was fully herself as a human, she just needed to find her way as a goddess. This is Ash's POV story and I'm so glad I got to meet her.

Now here is where it is hard for me to continue this review. Why? Because I want to spill so many of it's secrets. Mostly because you get Zuni, Egyptian, Norse, Shinto, and Polynesian mythological gods. I suspect we will also see more in the coming books as well. I can't wait. I just want to delve into talking about all these myths. Yes, I could to an extent, but I cannot say what I want! Ah, that is the frustrating part of this book for me. Keeping my mouth (and fingers) shut! lol (hey, no comments! lol)

What I will say is that this is a fun ride especially for those like me who love mythology of different cultures. The main story is satisfied within the book, but questions are left open for the next. So, it isn't one of those horrible cliffies where you fall off into an abyss; oh, but you will be wanting more, I assure you. I give this book 4 1/2 stars. If you love snark (you know who you are...) and mythology... this is a must read!