Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs I admit, I was wanting this book since I read the title. Oh this is so me! I need it! And then a magical thing happened... I won it on Goodreads First Reads program! Squee! Oh I couldn't wait to get to it, but then the evil review pile appeared. It made me wait to pick up this wonderous book. Finally, one day the opportunity appeared! Did I live happily ever after. Well, no, but then this was only a reading adventure...

I really enjoyed reading this book. I sped through it quite quickly. It was a magical type of faerie tale that weaves through vintage photos to tell this story. The photos made it seem more magical and fun and made the world created just a little bit more convincing. I found this such a great creative way to come to a tale and was perfect for kids of all ages.

I don't want to get too far into the book or I fear I may spoil something. I'll leave the telling to the trailer which the author produced. It sets it up nicer than I would have in words. I give this book 4 stars. I recommend it to anyone, YA or adult, who loves an unusual adventure. Oh and yes, there will be a sequel. That is a good thing since the ending was set up for one. *whew!*

I was given this book by the publisher and Goodreads First Reads Program and no compensation was given.