The Hour of Dust and Ashes (Charlie Madigan #3)

The Hour of Dust and Ashes (Charlie Madigan #3) - Kelly Gay Oh I was so itching for this book I had to break open the calamine lotion! Then, I actually got the book and devoured it! Oh for those following Charlie's adventures you will be right back with her enjoying her character as before. Those that have yet to join in her adventures, no worries... I will do my best to be non-spoilery for you.

Oh in this book we get a bit more of Hank who is Charlie's partner on the force. *Squee!* Can I has a Hank of my own? It isn't his siren good looks or voice that has us all swooning, but him! Oh I loved getting to know Hank a bit more. However, this is still more about Charlie and dealing with what had happened in the last book. It picks up right after the end of the last book and we don't see all the fall out save what is happening to Bryn. We still don't know the total impact to Charlie herself although we do get a bit more of a glimpse. Rex is also great as the comic relief. He really snarked it up in this book. What can I say? I love the characters in this book!

Oh can I say much more without spoilage? Probably not. :( However, I can say that I still want a hellhound (I mean I have a devil dog, so why not?). I now want a Hank too. :) Oh and for those that need to yet read book one (yes, they should be read in order and I have done so!) please pick it up. You will love this kick-ass mother. Yes, I do mean that literally. She is a mother that you will enjoy! You will also love her kid Em and the rest of the cast you get to know throughout the series. As for this book, it rocked my socks off (thanks Ashley for the saying!) and I give it 4 1/2 stars! The ending is what I might call a sort of cliffie. The main story line has ended but a new one opens up. So, can I has the next book, like NOW???? Seriously... I needs it!