Drink, Slay, Love

Drink, Slay, Love - Sarah Beth Durst If you are looking for a fun YA vampire book, go get this one. Just looking at the cover and the blurb I knew I had to read this one and put it on my blog's wishlist. I was so not disappointed! The character of Pearl is such a delight. Of course she is almost made of snark, so you know I was loving it from the beginning. She loved irony in all ways, but is quite disappointed that none of the other vampires "get it" so, she must snark on her own. Yes, this is a vampire I could totally be friends with... well, sorta... LOL

Anyway, one day... uh night... when she is innocently snacking a pint from the ice cream counter boy she was rudely interrupted by a unicorn who refused to go off and poop rainbows or whatever unicorns who aren't supposed to exist do. Instead, the horny thing stabs her and then leaves. She heals and the next night no one believes that she ran into a unicorn. Most likely she just got some bad blood. Fortunately, the stabbing left her with a great gift. The sun! She can now be a daywalker. Unfortunately, the family doesn't like anything "weird" and she has started to develop an annoying conscious, even empathy. Not good when you are destined to be just another blood sucking fiend.

Oh what more can I say? Really not much or I'll be tempted to spoil the whole thing (oh the things I want to spill). I do give this book 4 1/2 stars. I feel it accomplished exactly what it set out to be... a fun YA vampire book full of wit, sarcasm, and an unexpected turn or two. I also hope there will be more adventures for Pearl. I'll be wanting those if it happens! In conclusion, you need to get this book if you want to have a bloody good time! Sorry, I just couldn't resist!! ;)