Anna Dressed in Blood

Anna Dressed in Blood - Kendare Blake This was a scary, creepy ghost story without at doubt! In fact, I felt this was scarier than some of the adult books I have been reading lately. Even so, it wasn't too scary that it would keep me up at night. I would still say it was for older YA crowds unless you know the younger kiddos can handle it (I knew a few... LOL).

Within this dark ghost story we have Cas. After his father's horrific death at the hands of a ghost, he becomes obsessed with continuing the family "job" by eliminating ghosts that harm the living. He is notified of Anna's haunting and becomes more than interested. There is something about this ghost... Now, if you think I'm going to reveal any more then you haven't been at my blog that long. So, those that know are prepared for the next two words: *evil laugh*. You will have to read the book to see what happens between Cas and Anna. It's too good to not reveal!

I will say that I really loved the characters in this book. Even what are usually one dimensional characters (nerd, head social princess) are fleshed out and you find yourself really liking them all. Even Anna. Yes, the ghost who harms the living is given great characterization. So much you feel sympathy for her. There was also a part in the book I hated. Can't say why, but it was toward the end and I shake my fist at Kendare for having it as a part of the story. I kept hoping that part wasn't true and will keep hoping when I read the next book. *sigh* Curious now? :)

I give this book 4 1/2 stars and really can't wait for 2012 until the next book comes out. I recommend it to those that really enjoy a dark horror book even if they are adults.