Crave

Crave - Melissa Darnell This was a book that inspired mixed feelings for me. On one hand, the writing was well done and it did keep my interest. On the other, it was filled with those YA clich├ęs that often turn people off. For example there is the girl without confidence. There is also absentee parents. The crabby best friend (but she was extremely loyal and helpful). Well, I could go on, but it was filled with these except for the love triangle! :) I should also state that there was a obsession on both sides (Savannah and Tristan) but it didn't bother me since this was a paranormal and neither were human. I can attribute it to their paranormalness (it's a word!) rather than teenage hormones. :)

Well, I should also admit, besides the absentee parents, the rest of that didn't bother me too much. What did bother me was the secrets Savannah, her parents and the community was keeping. It was so frustrating that you knew trouble would be coming due to all the secrecy. You would think at least one person (or non-person?) would understand that this only hurts everyone and would try to put an end to it. But the town was built on it so I suppose that is why they kept everything from everyone. It was still annoying to me.

I will say that this book was well written in the world that they inhabit. The adventures kept me going and I did like the progression of Tristan and Savannah together. I'm just not completely happy with the choices they made. So, you see... I'm on the fence on this one. Looking around I can see why people either loved this book or hated it. So, keep that in mind when deciding if you want to read it or not. I do want to read the next book because... get ready for it... it was a cliffie! Yes, I do want to know what happens and if everyone stops being so darn secretive!

I give this book 3 stars. I think people who loved Twilight's obsessive romance will enjoy this book more than the others. So, you need to keep that in mind.