Queen of the Sylphs

Queen of the Sylphs - L.J. McDonald I really enjoyed this installment of the Sylph series. In fact I think I enjoyed this one most of all. The story switches POVs of several different characters as well as a few sylphs, but it doesn't get confusing, in fact I really enjoyed getting to know all the characters much better. We even get a glimpse of what it was like in the hive world where the sylphs were born.

I still felt that Solie and Heyou (the main characters of the first book) were still a bit too immature to be rulers, but I felt that by the end, Solie became quite adult. She had a more personal reason and even though the transformation was quite sudden, I did enjoy seeing her become the strong woman you always hoped she would be within the series. I also really enjoyed getting to know those secondary characters I have loved in the other books. And there was a villain within this story you truly love to hate. In fact, I think the author really wrote the sociopathic personality well. Almost too well.... in fact, I wanted to reach in and kick her little bootay.

In the end, I give this book 4 1/2 stars. I really enjoyed this adventure. Within this one, you will laugh, tear, and some characters will tear at your heart with what they were put through. I think if you are going to read this series... make sure you end up reading this book.