Banshee Charmer

Banshee Charmer - Tiffany Allee Incubi? Okay, that had me curious. I mean there are a lot of succubus type of stories, but not often do we get an incubus. So, yes, I had to try this series. Plus, I admit I do like the paranormal cop angle. Makes it more like a UF/PNR book. I usually enjoy those.

Mac is someone I liked. A bit snarky at times and didn't take crap from anyone. She's had to deal with prejudice of being an "other" especially being a half-banshee. She runs into a baffling case and one that seems to lead to nowhere. She is joined by someone who claims to be from an elite group of otherworld investigators. Hopefully with his help, she'll solve the case. Or will he just get in the way?

I have to admit although I did enjoy this paranormal, I did find it predictable. I knew things way before Mac so no big twists or turns happened for me. The mystery tries to steal the limelight, but it seems as though the relationship (or really the bedding) of Mac and Aidan was more spotlighted. Not that it was necessarily a bad thing, but I would have liked the mystery to take center stage and make the relationship enhance the tension.

I give this book 3 stars and I do recommend it to anyone who likes a short fun adult novella. I am curious as to how Mac and Aidan will hopefully expand their relationship in both a professional and personal way. I think there is potential there.