The Immortal Rules

The Immortal Rules - Julie Kagawa Vampires? Zombies (well, zombie like creatures... I'm calling them that)? Dystopian? Julie Kagawa? Oh yea... you know I wanted to read this book and I tell you I wasn't disappointed in the least!

This book was very thrilling, gripping, emotional and just plain fun. I was on the edge of my seat several times and I was totally invested in Allie's tale. It was a book that was hard for me to put down. Oh yes... if you are wanting a dark paranormal YA book, it's this one. Julie Kagawa knows how to write suspense and darkness. You will love it.

There were secondary characters you will love/hate/feel ambivalent about. Yep, it runs the gammit. Some you were certain that they were evil, but really even if you hated their behavior (Jeb, *cough*) you still see them doing the best that they could with what little information they had. You weren't even sure if the the goal certain groups had in mind were true or even possible. So the frustration you felt during their journey was intentional and well crafted.

I don't want to say more because I am tempted to spill the whole story. I give this book 5 stars and suggest that everyone read this book. My biggest complaint? The cover and the vid look nothing like the character of Allie... but that isn't the fault of the author or the book.