The Prophet

The Prophet - Amanda Stevens Yep! I got to read the 3rd book in the Graveyard Queen series and I have to say I was not disappointed. It picks up after the last book, but really the story fills in all the gaps we were missing after the first book. You could miss the second book and not be lost, but I really don't suggest it since it rocked. Plus, some things would just make more sense if you read them in order.

Amelia is coming into her own person for the first time in this series. After events in her life that has shaken things up quite a bit, she is now questioning everything she was taught. She does have quite a way to go in discovering her own power, but I do believe we will see Amelia to continue to grow as the series goes on. Devlin is back in this story and I'm so glad to have him back even though he has become a bit to mysterious for my tastes at the beginning. However he does come clean toward the end. So we even get growth from him as well.

The secondary characters in this group were quite interesting. You didn't know who you could trust and who you couldn't. You didn't know if Amelia would be safe with any of them. Of course Angus makes another appearance in this book and I hope we get to see more of him in the future. For those of you wondering who Angus is... he is her dog. Yes, as a fellow dog lover... I had to mention him again. :)

I give this book 4 1/2 stars. For mystery lovers you will enjoy the twists and turns within this dark story. For paranormal lovers... there is quite enough magic and ghosts to fulfill your liking. For PNR and romance peeps... yep there is a bit of that in here as well. Hm... I guess, I would suggest this one for anyone who enjoys a dark story.