Kindling the Moon

Kindling the Moon - Jenn Bennett I have wanted to read this book ever since I saw the cover and read the blurb. I love a good UF and I was not disappointed. The characters were engaging and I really enjoyed Arcadia's character. She is young, but smart and strong. She runs a bar which is demon friendly and she is accepted as one of them. She isn't demon, but yet more than human. So, it is this area that gets explored in this book.

Cady also meets the swoon-worthy and taciturn demon, Lon. He is suitably alpha male with a strong compassionate side... even though he also has a hard shell to crack. However, Cady does find a fissure within that shell and crack it does! While we are introduced to Lon we find that he is a full time concerned parent of a teenage boy, Jupiter. Jupe is the opposite of Lon. While having what could be described as a bad case of ADHD, he also brings a good dose of humanity to the demon side of things. In fact, Jupe is easy to love.

I give this book 4 stars. It does have a lot of information to part and it does slow down the book at times. I didn't mind it since it was sprinkled throughout the book rather than on large information dump. However it may bug some people who do not read that much UF. It didn't bother me and I, in fact, enjoyed this book. I suggest it mostly for those that are fans of UF with a good dose of PNR. :)