The Claimed

The Claimed - Caridad Piñeiro I read and reviewed, The Lost (Sin Hunter's #1) by Caridad Piñero and really enjoyed that book. The sequel can be read as a stand a lone, but it is better to read them in order. You get a better feel for the world if you do.

In the last book we are briefly introduced the Christopher and Victoria. Claimed is their book. We find out if Christopher's intentions for good are true and what Victoria does with her life and love life now that her former betrothed is in love with another. The story and the romance between Christopher and Victoria creates a lot of tension. Their story is reminiscent of love stories such as Romeo and Juliet and the Hatfield and the McCoys. Both on opposite sides of a deadly feud, fall for each other. However questions rear themselves. Can they truly trust one another? Are they being honest with one another? Will their families ever see past the hate and come together? Can prejudices be put aside and harmony reign? Well, some of those questions will be answered, and some will linger onto the next installment in this series. We also get a hint of who is going to be the next romantic couple in the next book.

I have to say although I really enjoyed the ambiguity of Christopher (was he truly good? Bad? In-between?) though most of the book and the independence of Victoria, I also enjoyed the secondary characters with the exception of Rafael. He just didn't send the proper chills and thrills and I feel it was intended. However, he plays an important part in this story, but yet isn't their as much. I feel this is only a set up and I will feel properly chilled and thrilled in the coming books.

I give this book 4 stars. I enjoyed this hopeful coming together against all odds romance. I recommend it to people who love PNR with a side of action.