Sins of the Son

Sins of the Son - Linda Poitevin Although I did have a few problems in the first book, this book still had some of those same problems for me. Not much was clarified. However, I have to say, I didn't bug me like it did in the last book. In fact, it didn't bother me at all. It might be because we deal more with the "real" world than the heavenly one.

This one was more about suspense and thrills. Plus, the world was established for the most part in this series. I was fully involved with Alex in this book and there also ends up being a few questions about how she fits in and how their decisions affect the coming books in the series. I have to admit that now, I'm fully involved and want to know what else is going to happen. What are the consequences?

I have to warn those that don't care for love triangles that this one has a whopper of a triangle. One that is built on solid legs that doesn't seem to collapse any time soon. Decisions are made but doors remain open. I actually would love to see those that normally hate triangles read this one. There are no weak decisions, no weak connections to each option within this triangle. And despite this, I have to say I'm not convinced that there was enough romance for either choice. I do suspect that that may be coming in the series. I also understand completely why it didn't happen here. If it did, it would have actually been a distraction instead of helping the story along.

I give this book 4 stars. I am really liking the way this world is shaping up. I recommend it to those who like thrillers and UF.