21st Century Dead: A Zombie Anthology

21st Century Dead: A Zombie Anthology - Simon R. Green, Orson Scott Card, Christopher Golden, Mark Morris, Jonathan Maberry, Dan Chaon, Cody Goodfellow, Thomas E. Sniegoski, Amber Benson, Daniel H. Wilson, Chelsea Cain, Brian Keene, John Skipp, Ken Bruen, Duane Swierczynski, John McIlveen, Caitlin Kittredge, S. This is a collection of horror stories staring our favorite horror creature, zombies! The collection runs the gamut of stories. Some quite grotesque, and some with nary a brain in site. However, some will make you think, and even shed a tear. In fact, one had me hugging my puppy after reading it. Oh that one I could shake a fist at... I hate to cry!

In many of the stories, there are much more frightening things than the zombies. Even if the zombies weren't horrifying and quite docile, or even those that could not be stopped, the true horror resided in the humans left. Even within a couple of those stories a few heart-strings could be tugged.

I give this zombie anthology 4 stars. It is one of the best anthologies I have read. Of course there were a couple of stories that didn't appeal to me, but I still admired the way it was written. All of the stories were creative and explored all the different aspects of zombieism. Even comparing the few zombies we may know that love potatoes to those that eat flesh. I recommend this book to anyone who loves the zombie genre.