Cold Fury

Cold Fury - T.M. Goeglein This book starts out a bit on the slow side. Not too slow, but just enough to get a feel of our main character, Sara. She is obsessed with her nose, but otherwise is quite thoughtful about what she does and how her behavior affects others. Not too many teens are that introspective. This serves her well in the coming adventure.

Once her family disappears and she gets a glimpse of what she only suspected was going on in her family the action really takes off and things get quite intense. She discovers that her "gift" that she has only ever glimpsed has a real power in the organization her family has been involved in for generations. One she is just now discovering.

The beginning backstory is also important to the adventure. The lessons learned in the boxing ring she thought only applied for life now applies to saving her life several times. It also lends credibility to her survival even if her ability to withstand physical punishment borders on the paranormal. She learns to listen to herself and trust herself and her intuition. It's a good thing since people who are after her seem to be one step ahead. However, Sara is no shrinking violet nor dumb. She uses her smarts and those around her to figure out what is going on and how to try to save the day.

In the end... however, not everything is solved. We must wait impatiently for the next installment to find out what happens. I am happy to say that it really isn't a cliffie, as the book feels almost complete. Almost because we are left wondering about some major aspects and wanting to know more. This is not a bad thing and one of the few ways I feel that a book can still feel full and yet leave you wanting.

I give this book 4 1/2 stars. It is a great thriller and suspense novel perfect for the YA and adult crowd.