The Goddess Legacy

The Goddess Legacy - Aimee Carter If you were like me and read The Goddess Test and Goddess Interrupted, you enjoyed the retelling of the mythology, but wanted more. Wanted to know what was kept the same as we know Greek mythology and what was changed. Well, this book is your answer. You get several stories that fill in the gaps about the relationships within the gods. I really enjoyed this installment and it answered many of the questions I had mulling in my brainpan.

Oh I do have to warn you... there will be people who you might have liked in the books, but still wanted to drop kick because of their arrogance (yes, Walter/Zeus... I'm looking right at you!). Others you will have an "ah ha" moment as to why their behavior was so over the top or why they felt guilty about things you only guessed at. And in fact you may find yourself liking a character even more than you thought you would a first.

My only complaint was Henry's story. I did understand his role and further understood what the centuries did to his psyche (no, not the goddess... his actual psyche). However, I still found him a bit too on the whiny side, but I was a bit softened to his pain.

I give this book 4 stars. Even if you haven't read the other Goddess stories, I think you will enjoy the venture into this retelling of the famous Greek mythos.