Widow's Web

Widow's Web - Jennifer Estep When I first got this ARC, Jennifer Estep warned that some people may not like what was going to happen. I worried about that statement a lot while reading Gin’s latest adventure.

In this one we meet another bad element (forgive the pun) in the form of Salina who also happens to share a past with Owen, Eva and even a big underworld player, Kincaid. We find out quickly that Salina is not as she first presents herself. She is egotistical, and evil. In fact not only does she do her own killing, she revels in that fact. We also get a bit more background on Owen. I loved that peek into his past.

Ah, but where do I go from here so I do not spoil a thing? So much I want to say. I will address the first statement Yes, I was not completely thrilled in what happened, but it makes absolute sense. In fact, it would not have felt real if it didn’t happen. What is it? Heh... don’t you know me by now? I’m not going to tell. You’ll just have to read this installment to find out. I will tell you that it has made me want the next few books NOW just to find out what plays out with this little event. Yes, I said books. I’m not even sure if it will play to it’s conclusion in the next book.

I give this book 4 1/2 stars. I really enjoyed my time with Gin and her almost impossible enemies that she must defeat. This one filled with a lot more emotion for Gin. I can’t wait to be back in Ashland again.