Divergent

Divergent  - Veronica Roth Okay, I finally got to read this book and see what all the fuss is about. I have to admit the fuss was pretty accurate. I really enjoyed this book and the almost 500 pages just flew by for me.

In the book Tris is who we follow in this adventure. I really did like Tris, but found her quite difficult and almost too stubborn at times. She was smart, but sometimes you just wanted to shake her to make sure some of those braincells were working. Granted she was in a completely new world and discovering how to think for herself, so I can understand why it took her so long to finally start to take someone else's advice. Still... it frustrated me from time to time. So, I'm glad her counter was Four. I really enjoyed his character and can't wait for more of him. Of course this also means that those who crave romance within these adventures won't be sorry. ;)

The world is in a sense a typical dystopian. Formed out of fear, and ruled by that fear. In this one you have factions and the faction-less which reminded me of a caste system. One, once chosen, becomes your family and station in life. What makes this dystopian and other successful dystopians is that it sometimes hits close to home and you can see it happening in society today if we let fear win. Think of the labels we place on others and then on ourselves. Think of how hard it is to shake a label once it is placed. It is just in this world, the definitions are more clearly defined.

I give this book 4 stars. The book ends with a bang. The ending isn't a cliffie, but I guarantee you will be wanting the next one ASAP.