Defiant

Defiant - Kris Kennedy I have to admit, it took me a bit to get into the story because of the language, but that quickly passed once I started to get to know Eva a bit better. She is a strong heroine who is fiercely protective of a boy put in her charge, Roger. He is a teen now and they are in search of their benefactor who helped save them. Lots of politics and intrigue and truths to be discovered. Not just with Eva, but with the rough roguish hero, Jamie as well.

I have to say that although I enjoyed the adventure and the intrigue, I wasn't too happy when Eva and Jamie first started really acting on their emotions. I thought Jamie was a right arse and needed to be drop kicked. I didn't think that Eva should be swooning nor trusting someone who did not earn it. Although she didn't fully trust him, I still think it came too early. However, Jamie did win me over in the end and Eva became a stronger heroine for me as well.

I give this book 3 1/2 stars. I think the ending really made this story and I ended up enjoying all the characters and rooting for them in the end.