Things Your Dog Doesn't Want You to Know: Eleven Courageous Canines Tell All

Things Your Dog Doesn't Want You to Know: Eleven Courageous Canines Tell All - Hy Conrad, Jeff Johnson This book is split into chapters in which each dog takes an issue and just tells you about it in their voice. The stories are consistant to the personalities they have created and you begin to look around at your dog and wonder what they are thinking... or cringing at what they could be thinking. Of course if you don't have a dog I guess I'd wonder more about you if you are looking around for the invisible dog wondering what they are thinking... but I digress... ;)

Some of the humor I admit made me cringe. Mostly because you were wondering what their humans were thinking and if it was based on some truth. It went from the minor (psst... Moonbeam's person... dogs cannot digest soy) to the much more dangerous (ignoring the dog or putting them out on the street... NO!). Still, it is told with an edge of humor which keeps you reading even though you want to help out these doggies. Still, I wanted to hug and help Sarge more than once.

I give this book 4 stars. It's more of a gift humor book and is perfect for those that have dogs or just love dogs in general. I think they might find their dog in this book more than once.