Hexed (Iron Druid Chronicles #2)

Hexed (Iron Druid Chronicles #2) - Luke Daniels, Kevin Hearne Audio Review:

Luke Daniels is the voice of Atticus. I can really picture his voice coming from the character perfectly. He also did a pretty good job at the female characterizations even though they obviously had a masculine quality (he couldn't change that but it still worked). His pronunciations of the various languages was superb and it helped me not flub it up in my head as I would have if I read it. For that alone I suggest trying at least one of these in the series on audio.

As with the other book Atticus is faced with some insurmountable odds but this time he doesn't know where the danger is coming from. As the mystery pulls together we start to wonder if we can start to trust others out side of our immediate circle, but like Atticus, I'm wary but willing to accept these others on a limited basis. I think that is a good plan since most magic users have a hidden personal agenda.

I also loved the secondary characters especially the widow and Oberon his faithful hound. They both had me laughing more than once. I love the widow and especially that dog! The vocal characterization of Oberon also puts a smile on his face. However, unlike Atticus I don't know if I'd want that kind of communication with my dog... especially when his vocabulary can outdo my own. Don't want to be put to shame by my own dog... ;)

I give this book 4 stars. It's a lot of fun and I really do recommend the audio.