This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress #5)

This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress #5) - Jeaniene Frost, Tavia Gilbert Audio Review:

Well, I thought I'd try to get caught up with the series and although I have this in print, I thought I'd try it in audio. Luckily my library had it in the format I could use. Tavia Gilbert is the narrator and I have to honestly say that I did not like her pacing at all. It was too fast for most of the book, but that pacing was fine for the most intense action parts of the book. I also have to say that I did not like her Bones accent. Actually, the accent was "okay", but the voice for bones was just too wrong for me. Her voice actually seemed to raise a bit to do his parts. I was also not thrilled with the Mancheres voice either. It did distract me a bit from the book as a whole.

As for the book. I loved it. This one had quite a bit of humor and I LOL'd quite a bit. In fact I woke up my dog and got a dirty look for laughing too loudly. Yep, Cat had her snark on and even toward herself. Vlad also had a few really good one liners. Oh yea, can't wait to read his book. Yes, you can safely say I enjoyed the humor a lot.

We also get some good secondary characters involved in this book. Mencheres, Vlad, and even Marie Laveau. I have to admit, even though Marie has her own agenda and is on her own side, I like the ghoul. She is smart and quite devious. I hope there is more with her in further adventures with Cat.

I give this book 4 stars. It's possible I may rate it higher with a reread. I guess we will have to see. I didn't love the audio, but I did love the book and the adventure.