The Goddess Inheritance

The Goddess Inheritance - Aimee Carter I have to admit it took me a bit to get into the book. I think it had to do more with time and the fact that I kept forgetting who was who with the god's alternate names. However, my brain slowly worked and things clicked into place and then I was off! This became a book I didn't want to put down because I wanted to know what happens next. :)

There were some parts that bugged me. Some things I cannot discuss or it will give too much away. However, I can say that I enjoyed Henry much more in this one. He was a little less taciturn, but still I wanted him to show more to Kate. However, I was glad of the Henry we did get in this one. I think it was the first time I didn't want to totally kick him in the arse. ;)

However, with Kate not trying to get Henry to open up, we were presented with a Kate that at times really got to me. Yes, she was new and had some esteem problems, but I really wanted her to rip those other gods a new one when they kept blaming her. I mean really? With all the selfishness they do on a daily basis, they were able to point fingers blameless? She was aware of this but still let them get to her. I mean it did make sense as she was still learning and had a whole new set of emotions to deal with, but I still wanted that new rip. :)

In the end I give this book 3 1/2 or 4 stars (yes, I said "or"). There were parts of this book that frustrated me, but I have to also admit, it kept my attention. I was drawn to know what was going on and what the outcome would be. The ending is complete but open just a bit to either have a novella or perhaps a offshoot book come from this (and I do believe their are those novellas out there). I wasn't totally convinced of the romance with Henry and Kate, but not unconvinced either. Still, I got my HEA and it was quite an adventure. I recommend it to those that love a YA PNR adventure.