The Love Dog

The Love Dog - Elsa Watson I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this book, but I do like a contemporary romance, it's HEA. I especially enjoy books with animals in them. So, I was looking forward to reading this. What I did not expect was Apollo's POV. Yep, you get a POV of the dog! Let me tell you, I was thinking it would be corny... and it was a bit... but in the best way. Those sections often put a smile on my face.

In this story we mostly follow Samantha, our human guide throughout this story. She is heartbroken and quite cynical in the whole love "thing". She writes a scathing blog about love and the cautionary tales to not fall victim. We do find out why she is so hardened and it makes sense. As things move along she finds herself in a position for a lucrative job and it is to expose the new "reality" show, The Love Dog. Sounds like a perfect job for Sam.

Apollo is the perfect dog for the job. He loves what he does although none of it makes sense to him. How is he supposed to spread love if they keep him scripted? Lucas, the one he wants to most please is sent the most love. Lucas is the owner/handler and trust me... when you read those parts you will want to growl at that man. Nothing physically abusive, but you will find yourself hard pressed to like him.

I give this book 4 stars. In the end there were some twists and turns that kept me interested. The way things worked out made sense and didn't seem forced. I really enjoyed the way the HEA worked out. I also loved that Apollo was given the last word. You'll love to hear what his next love project would be. That made me smile and it was a perfect ending.